roleplay moderators
Paige
TBA

closed new topic new poll 

August Promotions, August 10th
undertheMOON
 Posted: Aug 2 2015, 12:40 AM

Head Gamemaker; Stylist

i am the light. you are the night. i am where the darkness falls and surrounds us all. well, it's a call to arms.

promotions sign-ups
Do you wish to be promoted? Simply reply here with the form after reading the following information. <3

requirements
-- Have at least 15 posts.
-- An updated gallery in the past month.
-- For Illegal Hunter: At least 5 graphics in your gallery (in total).
-- For Technician: At least 10 graphics in your gallery (in total).

You are not required to enter any challenges to get promoted. However, make sure to update with more than one or two graphics since the last time you applied.

information
You will receive an award if you are promoted and your member group will change.

You will receive a critique if you are not promoted. It will simply focus on what you need to do to get promoted and will not be a full gallery critique. It will be straight and to the point. <3

CODE
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Post Count:[/b]
[b]Current Rank:[/b]
[b]Link to Gallery:[/b]

--------------------
pm www aol 
^
.yesterday
 Posted: Aug 3 2015, 02:05 AM

Jeweller

sing all the wrong words to my favorite songs

-- for funsies http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif --

Username: .yesterday
Current Rank: Jeweller
Link to Gallery: i'm no superman --{@

NO PROMOTION

Your work is growing so much, and you're definitely on the right track. Your foci is getting more clear, and your text use and coloring are getting stronger as well. A lot of your models are still clumped together, so try pushing yourself more to have them spread out while still keeping the balance and focus. Also, try pushing the flow, especially in your all stock pieces. (Make sure the stocks aren't all touching the top, and make sure your text is light enough to stand out against busy stocks.) Your colorizations are also looking great. The skin is natural, and they're getting more complex. Just make sure the eyes aren't too bright. A clean out might be good idea at this point. You've got pieces that are much stronger than some of your old ones now, so you might want to consider archiving pieces that are lower quality, things that don't flow as well, and any colorizations that aren't as realistic. Keep up the great work, Kaly. <3

--------------------
♫ ♥ i'm no superman ♥ ♫
user posted image
deviantart / Kaly / District 12 Tribute
pm 
^
Paige
 Posted: Aug 3 2015, 06:56 AM

Moderator; Coal Miner

The queen is dead. Long live the evil queen.

Username: Paige
Current Rank: coal miner
Link to Gallery: http://graphicsgames.jcink.net/index.php?s...t=0&#entry14892

NO PROMOTION

Hey, Paige! There’s definitely a lot of growth happening with your graphics which is great to see. You’re starting to play around with different sized models and where you place them on the canvas, but there’s still a lot of graphics in your gallery that stack the models right next to one another. A little big of a clean out might be best. (Especially since I’ve seen some of your graphics elsewhere, and I know how great you’ve been doing lately.) It makes for a strong focal point, but not for a very dynamic graphic. Moving forward, being more adventurous is definitely something to explore. Especially try to do this with your icons, because they’re all centered and the crops are all very much the same. Your also playing around a lot more with the text, which is great. Definitely do more of this, because having it just off to the side like it is in most of your graphics distracts from the focal point. I’d also recommend moving away from tutorials for gallery graphics. Once you start moving into the higher ranks, you really have to learn how to take a tutorial but really transform it into something that’s your own. So, big point of all this: be adventurous. You’re getting the basics down, so now you’ve just got to start finding your own style. Try some banners and more blends. Go crazy with how you place your models. Now’s the best time to really start playing around with all this until your start honing in on your niche.

I would like to take a moment and point out how banging those vectors are though. I mean that Harley Quinn? So cute. And that garden is unbelievable. <3

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
award made by Eliza, banner by me <3
pm www aol 
^
molecules
 Posted: Aug 4 2015, 03:15 PM

Illegal Hunter

N/A

Username: molecules
Current Rank: New Citizen
Link to Gallery: temporary bliss

PROMOTED TO ILLEGAL HUNTER

You're definitely on the right track towards the next level, but, at the moment, some of your pieces aren't quite as strong as the others. Your chapter images are definitely your strongest point. They've got good flow and focus, and the text isn't distracting from the focus. Make sure you're putting your text closest to the model you want to be your focus, because otherwise the eye doesn't know where to go. Also, make sure that you're not putting textures over faces, because it really lowers the quality. Definitely keep up the good progress. Your putting things together well, and your compositions are getting more complex.

--------------------
pm 
^
levi warren.
 Posted: Aug 5 2015, 04:39 PM

Peacekeeper

N/A

Username: levi warren.
Current Rank: peacekeeper
Link to Gallery: you're not sentimental.

NO PROMOTION

You are so, so close to getting to the next rank. The biggest thing holding you back right now is actually your colorizations which we count here unlike at SP. Right now, they're clean. The details like eye color and clothing are looking good, but the skin is one dark tone throughout all your colorizations. I'd recommend lightening this up and getting some more pinks in there to vary up the skin tone throughout all of them.

Other than that, just keep pushing yourself. Your icons are lovely and complex, but adding text would take them to the next level. Watch out for having too many graphics that clump models in one corner or side, because it overall can start looking alike. Also watch out for the text being too far away from the focal, because you're text is so creative and bold that it sometimes steals the attention away a little.

--------------------
pm 
^
setting suns
 Posted: Aug 8 2015, 12:33 PM

Filmmaker

For a star to be born there is one thing that must happen: a gaseous nebula must collapse. So collappse. Crumble. This is not your destruction. This is your birth.

Username: setting suns
Post Count: 15 http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
Current Rank: new citizen
Link to Gallery: . star eaters .

PROMOTED TO FILM MAKER

You are so, so close to being in Stylist. There's really just a few pieces pulling you down. You second set of icons, for instance, aren't very complex and they're kind of low quality, and the pictures in the Selena sig could be better as well. Watch out for how many pieces you center focus, because a lot of graphics fall within that right now. Maybe also bring in some more complex colorizations to push them to the next level. Your style in general though is amazingly complex. It's amazing how you can get such soft graphics out of hard lines and things that in any other hands would just look like a bunch of blocks. Everything's very dynamic, and it's clear that you're not afraid to be as creative and adventurous as possible.

--------------------
user posted image

amazing signature by Roo <3
pm email www yahoo 
^
molecules
 Posted: Aug 8 2015, 07:50 PM

Illegal Hunter

N/A

shit totally forgot I filled this out already, my bad!
http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/wacko.gif

--------------------
pm 
^
lizzied
 Posted: Aug 8 2015, 09:36 PM

Stylist

N/A

Username: lizzied
Current Rank: new member
Link to Gallery: here(:

PROMOTED TO STYLIST

Top group, called it. <3 So, obliviously, you are one of the best of the best. There's not a lot more I can really say about any of your graphics except, wow, wow, wow. Coloring is stunning, blending is soft and dreamy. The only things I would recommend moving into the Stylist+ ranks would be work on making your banners have the great flow the rest of your graphic have. Also, maybe try some more complex icons and colorizations. Both are great right now, but they could just use that extra push for Stylist 2.

--------------------
pm 
^
.paynetrain
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 03:26 AM

Farmer

N/A

Username: .paynetrain
Current Rank: Coal Miners
Link to Gallery: in my sig http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

PROMOTED TO FARMER

You've improved so much since last month! Your compositions were complex before, but, now, they're much more clear. The focus is there, and all those details you put into your work can be seen now. Easing up on the topaz also makes everything much less melty and better quality. Everything is still very soft and dreamy though without making your models compete to show through. Keep working on this and playing around with lighting and sharpness with your models. I'm also glad to see you added colorizations, because they really helped complete your gallery. The skin and details are very realistic. Keep working on these and try bringing in different hair colors and skin tones to give yourself a bigger variety, because, even though these are good, having the same palette throughout can make them seem monotone just like it would if you did it with blended graphics.

--------------------

user posted image
D I S T R I C T 4 | ~Back to my Roots~
pm 
^
tardis blue .
 Posted: Sep 3 2015, 04:32 PM

Head Gamemaker; Filmmaker

Babe, there's something tragic about you. Something so magic about you. Don't you agree? Babe, there's something lonesome about you. Something so wholesome about you. Get closer to me.

Congratulations to everyone promoted! Everyone is doing great. We apologize for the wait, so, to make up for it, everyone got some sort of critique this time. Promotions awards will be posted in galleries soon.

--------------------
District 5 | Graphics | Tessellate
user posted image
pm 
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options  closed new topic new poll 

skinned by eliza / cfs script by black