Graphics Games -> June Promotions
welcome, Guest
welcome to the graphics games
07/01 Happy anniversary, TGG! The staff have put together a Resource Pack for everyone to thank you for all being here - we hope you enjoy it. (:
06/30 Happy Graphics Games! The Reaping has finished and the Pre-game events have been posted, so make sure to participate before they close in a week. Then, the real Games will begin!
06/28 Congrats to our new staff members: Mari, Sarah, Alyssa, Ryea, Jess and Deb!
05/28 June Promotions will be open for a week. It's a good time for it - you just need a gallery and 20 posts on your account.
05/27 We're now re-open! Feel free to post an introduction, gallery and have fun. <3

welcome, guest!

Welcome to TGG, a graphics forum. As a guest, you aren't able to see all the resources and activities we have to offer. But once you register, you'll have access to resources or be able to request graphics for yourself or your forum.

textures: 475+ psds: 105+ exclusive stock: 145+ tutorials: 35+ challenges: 25+/month requests: always open

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

June Promotions, Closes June 5th
eliza
run fast for your mother, fast for your father. run for your children, for your sisters and brothers. leave all your loving, your loving behind. you can't carry it with you if you want to survive.
Head Gamemaker; Stylist

POSTED ON May 28 2018, 11:58 AM
june promotions

info

If you would like to be promoted this month and receive an award for it, please apply below. (: Make sure to read the About Promotions thread to see how to qualify.

requirements

-- An updated gallery since you last applied.
-- At least 20 posts on your account.
-- 1 Challenge entry in the past month. - Waived because we're new!

CODE
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Gallery:[/b]
[b]Challenge Entry:[/b] [optional this month]

--------------------

eliza

29 / canadian

stylist

gamemaker

bia
Moderator; Peacekeeper

POSTED ON May 28 2018, 12:13 PM
Username: biancaw
Gallery: The wolves of war
Challenge Entry: <3

NOT PROMOTED --
You actually were quite close - a score of 4.5. Still Peacekeeper level, so at least you didn't get any worse after some time off. Actually, you are quite better! I see much more versatility in your blends and some signature compositions as well. However, this isn't carrying into your icons and banners. Both are way too overcrowded so your focus is rather unclear and the graphic doesn't flow as well. Don't forget that negative space is ALWAYS required. It's not a stylistic thing - it's actually a technical thing. It's only stylistic if people overdo it and focus on negative space a lot. But either way, it's required to be present so you won't have chaos and lose the focus. ): There are such amazing pieces in here, so majorly work on that as well as more unique text compositions (try not to get too 'defaulty' with your subject and text placement - shouldn't be so far away from the focus like some of your pieces, but in other ones, it's amazing (: ). Also generally you need a super gallery cleaning. Feel free to post in critique and then tag me for that. =D Honestly, you have quite a few really high scores here (image quality, balance, colourization and versatility of theme/atmosphere), but then those things I mentioned dragged you down. ): So fix those things so you can shine like you really should be doing, considering your skills and abilities I see but not consistently. <3

--------------------
Bianca
Denmark
Loves
The Vampire Diaries, Charmed, The Originals, Shadowhunters, Heroes, Smallville, Arrow, Lost, Nathaniel Buzolic, Joseph Morgan, Claire Holt, Zachary Quinto, Matthew Daddario, David Anders.

Thank you mari for my beautiful signature and Hanie for my amazing code <3
Enna
Just pretend this says something fancy ;D
Coal Miner

POSTED ON May 28 2018, 02:43 PM
Username: Enna Indecisive
Gallery: Pick Your Poison
Challenge Entry: Noway

PROMOTED TO ILLEGAL HUNTER!
In your icons, try to limit making them always in the middle. See how you can play with the placement. Especially if they're looking to the right, then it's more interesting to put them a bit more to the left so there's some space to show where they are looking. It's good to try different placements too. Like that one Helena Bonham Carter one with the many hats. There's some space above her because you placed her face in the bottom half, but in all the other icons, you have their faces in the top half. So have fun experimenting more with cropping and placement, even if you're not ready to get into textures/multiple models, etc. (:
alice
Illegal Hunter

POSTED ON May 28 2018, 07:52 PM
Username: alice in wonderland.
Gallery: wandering through wonderland.
Challenge Entry: (Hope to enter some when I get home from work >.<!)

The balance of light and dark graphics and texture and stock in your gallery is really great. I love to see that you aren't afraid to experiment with how you mix things together and blend things. Definitely pull that into the rest of your techniques. The biggest things holding you back right now are focus and flow. A lot of times your models are close to the same size or their placed at similar heights on the graphic. Try experimenting more on how big and small you make them and also how you place them in the graphic, but don't forget to tie them back together with a stock, text, or another element. Right now, your text is usually stuck to the side or pointing in a way that's contradicting your flow. Try to have your models interact with it a little more, and I think you'll really breach that last hump to fully pulling your focus and flow together.
(written by Xandra)

--------------------

user posted image
Vane
these violent delights have violent ends
Technician

POSTED ON May 29 2018, 02:08 AM
Username: violentdelights
Gallery: All the Devils are here .
Challenge Entry: http://graphicsgames.jcink.net/index.php?s...t=0&#entry17617

PROMOTED TO TECHNICIAN!
Mostly, it's all about consistency. Be careful because some of your images have lower image quality due to colouring or oversharpening (first icon set) or undersharpening. Though I think we recently talked about edit > fade sharpen? Unless that was with Bev. I know I told someone, lol. Anyway, also big thing is your icons - work on using the gaze of the model to open up your icon a bit more. It is a small space, but if you have them looking to the right and be on the right side pushed up against the edge or even slightly hidden off the right side, it's like someone standing in a room just standing against a wall with their head pressed against it. Not very interesting and a little awkward to witness. xD With your colourizations, keep working on it. Try not to have the whites of the eyes completely white because they really actually aren't. Usually I just put at 50% opacity of white and it makes it realistic. (: Though that's because I put a yellow/red thing overtop of everything first. Overall, it's a great start and you have so much potential. Technician is a great place to begin. =D <3
eliza
run fast for your mother, fast for your father. run for your children, for your sisters and brothers. leave all your loving, your loving behind. you can't carry it with you if you want to survive.
Head Gamemaker; Stylist

POSTED ON May 29 2018, 11:08 AM
Username: undertheMOON
Gallery: Me and Bobby McGee
Challenge Entry:

http://graphicsgames.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=2173
http://graphicsgames.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=2205

Let's just see where I stand, Xandra. <3

NOT PROMOTED

--------------------

eliza

29 / canadian

stylist

gamemaker

Hanie
Filmmaker

POSTED ON May 30 2018, 01:37 PM
Username: Orpheus
Gallery: click here
Challenge Entry:
01 - Textures only banner challenge

PROMOTED TO FILMMAKER!
You so close to being in Stylist. You're at 5.3, and you need to be at 5.5. Talentwise, I know you're 100% already there. Your text is so inventive, and I love the way you layer your textures. You just don't have a lot of variety happening in your gallery right now which is holding you back. It's mainly your signatures. They're all two models with most of the aspects of the sig clumped together. I know we don't require a certain amount of graphics, but I think adding in a few more pieces that break out of that clump comfort zone with your sigs and add a few more complex colorizations would show how top of the top you are.
(written by Xandra)

--------------------
hof 02
message 03
// Hanie(21)
a hobbyist designer and coder who have a thing for dark and peculiar stuff.
jess
I'm a natural blue, your just my yellow lovely
Moderator; Jeweller

POSTED ON May 30 2018, 02:05 PM
Username: falling. up
Gallery: Gloom Boy Season
Challenge Entry: Eventually, I'll get there

PROMOTED TO TECHNICIAN!
I really love the amount of experimentation you have in your gallery. You're definitely not afraid to try out bold colors and prints, and the way you work with text is amazing. If anything, I'd love to see more of that. A lot of your small fonts especially are the same font, and you work almost exclusively in large fonts as well. I'd love to see you work with a bigger variety of styles and sizes to add more variety. Sometimes, your graphics can get a little overworked. Watch out for adding one too many colors or the textures being so bold they distract from the focus. Your colorizations are really solid. The first two especially are so nicely detailed, and I love that they're bright but not over-saturated. You have such a solid gallery and style. Moving forward, just focus on keeping things clean and versatile. Once you get to this stage, versatility and consistency are the things to focus on to move you forward.
(written by Xandra)

--------------------
user posted image
Mari
And what I greatly thought, I nobly dared. (previously itsmorphine)
Moderator; Stylist

POSTED ON May 31 2018, 03:42 AM
Username: itsmorphine
Gallery: clicky
Challenge Entry: [optional this month]
Riverdale Cast Icons
Model Coloring

PROMOTED TO STYLIST!
Keep up your great work. The odd time not everything in your graphic is really serving the concept/theme (like sometimes the atmosphere made by the images/textures, etc. and the colours chosen don't match the lyrics/words used). Would love to see you try some manipulations/vectors too so you could cover all the sections here. (: But congrats - enjoy it for a while and then you can apply for Stylist2 in a few months or so. <3

--------------------

THIS IS GOSPEL
MARI | student • open for requests
"Let me not then die ingloriously and without a struggle. "
Sarah
Moderator; Hunter

POSTED ON Jun 1 2018, 01:10 AM
Username: Sarahshorty
Gallery: http://graphicsgames.jcink.net/index.php?act=ST&f=101&t=2267
Challenge Entry:n/a

You really just need more in here. (: That's the biggest thing. Make lots of new graphics. <3 Also, make sure that your lyrics/words and the photos match in theme or atmosphere. Like the one for Brooklyn - it doesn't seem like her smiling matches the words about her father. Keep up the great work. <3

--------------------
user posted image
tomi
I am groot. Groot icons by tumblr and by jess underthemoon.
Technician

POSTED ON Jun 1 2018, 06:58 PM
Username: Tomi
Gallery: http://graphicsgames.jcink.net/index.php?s...opic=2277&st=0&
Challenge Entry: http://graphicsgames.jcink.net/index.php?s...opic=2205&st=0&

NOT PROMOTED --

Right now, there are two things holding you back. Firstly, often your compositions are overcrowded with images and that takes away from the focus. The models are often hidden behind stock too. This takes away from the focus and also seems to be a default you're doing because you're doing it often, and you want to be more versatile with your compositions, of course. (: Another default I see is your text - almost always white with a black border. This can't possibly work for every composition so you should never have any defaults for text. <3 It should always be what that particular piece needs. Also, that particular effect makes the text VERY BOLD and stand out against everything else. A lot of your pieces are soft and flowy and that style contrasts too much with it and stands apart instead of being part of the graphic. It works in your darker graphics like Map but in the C signature, it stands apart too much. Also, remember that negative space is always a necessity in every graphic. It's not a stylistic choice, it's actually a graphic technique like image quality, focus, hierarchy, etc. So make sure to always have some of that in your graphic otherwise that's when you lose the focus. ): You don't have to have it be all negative space but it always needs to be used in some way, whether 20% of the graphic or 70% of the graphic is up to you. <3 Keep up the good work. <3

--------------------
[dohtml]
We are
Groot
About me
My name is thomasina and I love making graphics and writing.
[/dohtml]

user posted imageuser posted image
Coal Miner

POSTED ON Jun 3 2018, 02:20 AM
Username: Galen
Gallery: Chaos in the highlands
Challenge Entry: http://graphicsgames.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=2252&hl=

PROMOTED TO COAL MINER!
Biggest thing is to keep making lots of new graphics. Plus, make sure to take out the older ones. They were good at one time, but now you've improved so they're not your best anymore. (: Keep doing lots of banners and blends as well to keep up with your great signature skills. Good work. (: <3

--------------------
user posted image
bailey
Coal Miner

POSTED ON Jun 5 2018, 01:53 AM
Username: bailey
Gallery: here

PROMOTED TO COAL MINER!
Great work. I can see so much improvement lately, especially in your signatures. Keep making other types more to keep up with them. (: Also, keep working on your blending and overall composition to flow more smoothly between stock. Sometimes it's super amazing and other times could use some work to make it flow as one scene better. So that's just about doing more because your newer stuff is a lot better with this. Keep up the great work. <3
alyssa
When the reaper comes a'knocking at my door We'll be going 12 rounds Tell the Devil I'll be coming back for more We'll be going 12 rounds
Moderator; Technician

POSTED ON Jun 5 2018, 03:30 PM
Username: alyssa ren.
Gallery: here

applying for a rank then i'll start working my butt off

PROMOTED TO TECHNICIAN!
A bit of it is consistency because there are some pieces that are definitely more advanced than others. Be careful in your icons - many of them are a little too blurry. With your banners, keep working overall. The first one has great hierarchy, text and flow but the others could use more work with that. Again, your blend is great. With your colourizations, just be careful about making the eyes too unnatural and bright of a colour. I'd suggest lowering the opacity on the colour of the eyes. Otherwise, they're great. (: Keep up the good work. <3

--------------------

alyssa. 22. directory mod. technician. hello everyone! the name is alyssa and i am a lovely directory mod here at the graphics games! i also make graphics and code things (but not this cause i was lazy lmao) and write fan fiction. i also make some resources and stuff. i love star wars more than my own life and am a lover of all things nerd. galleryh.o.f
liv's codes
eliza
Head Gamemaker; Stylist

POSTED ON Jun 7 2018, 10:57 AM
This is now closed. Results will be up soon. Hopefully less than a week. (:

--------------------

eliza

29 / canadian

stylist

gamemaker

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

skinned by eliza / logo by mari