Graphics Games -> July Promotions
welcome, Guest
welcome to the graphics games
07/01 Happy anniversary, TGG! The staff have put together a Resource Pack for everyone to thank you for all being here - we hope you enjoy it. (:
06/30 Happy Graphics Games! The Reaping has finished and the Pre-game events have been posted, so make sure to participate before they close in a week. Then, the real Games will begin!
06/28 Congrats to our new staff members: Mari, Sarah, Alyssa, Ryea, Jess and Deb!
05/28 June Promotions will be open for a week. It's a good time for it - you just need a gallery and 20 posts on your account.
05/27 We're now re-open! Feel free to post an introduction, gallery and have fun. <3

welcome, guest!

Welcome to TGG, a graphics forum. As a guest, you aren't able to see all the resources and activities we have to offer. But once you register, you'll have access to resources or be able to request graphics for yourself or your forum.

textures: 475+ psds: 105+ exclusive stock: 145+ tutorials: 35+ challenges: 25+/month requests: always open

Closed
New Poll

July Promotions, Closes July 1st
eliza
run fast for your mother, fast for your father. run for your children, for your sisters and brothers. leave all your loving, your loving behind. you can't carry it with you if you want to survive.
Head Gamemaker; Stylist

POSTED ON Jun 24 2018, 02:54 PM
july promotions

info

If you would like to be promoted this month and receive an award for it, please apply below. (: Make sure to read the About Promotions thread to see how to qualify.

requirements

-- An updated gallery since you last applied.
-- At least 20 posts on your account.
-- 1 Challenge entry in the past month.

CODE
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Gallery:[/b]
[b]Challenge Entry:[/b]

--------------------

eliza

29 / canadian

stylist

gamemaker

Ryea
I never want to leave this sunset town But one day the time may come And I'll take you at your word And carry on I'll hate the goodbye But I won't forget the good times
Moderator; Coal Miner

POSTED ON Jun 24 2018, 05:00 PM
*fingers crossed I actually have enough in gallery. LOLLLLL*

Username: Ryea
Gallery: Here
Challenge Entry: Here!

PROMOTED TO COAL MINER!

--------------------
Enna
Just pretend this says something fancy ;D
Coal Miner

POSTED ON Jun 24 2018, 05:44 PM
Username: Enna Indecisive
Gallery: click here for the mess
Challenge Entry: click here for one of them

PROMOTED TO COAL MINER!
deb
At seventeen, I started to starve myself. I thought that love was a kind of emptiness. And at least I understood then the hunger I felt. And I didn't have to call it loneliness
Moderator; Filmmaker

POSTED ON Jun 24 2018, 07:45 PM
Username: usagi.
Gallery: here!
Challenge Entry: Jennifer Garner Coloring

PROMOTED TO FILMMAKER!

--------------------

user posted image
Sarah
Moderator; Hunter

POSTED ON Jun 24 2018, 09:38 PM
Username: sarahshorty
Gallery: gallery
Challenge Entry: challenge entry

NOT PROMOTED --
I lost your original critique and am glad I did, because, in the few days since then, you've improved so much. Your image quality especially has gone up a lot. Hitting your models with the sharpening brush and adding a bit more contrast to them will give that even more of a boost. I'm glad to see you adding more stocks and texture in as well, because your flow overall is a lot better. Keep working on your model hierarchy though. They're still kind of roughly same-height, same-size, so the focus isn't very strong. Giving them a more significant size different and moving your text closer to just one model will make that stronger. That will also help with the flow and keep the eye from going off the canvas. Your colorizations are pretty clean. The skin is still a bit too yellow. I'm not sure what method you do to do yours, but adding a soft light of pink in with it will help. Try making the background a different color as well. Making the background blue or purple will help it look less yellow, or, if it's too pink, use a green. Keep up the amazing work, because you're improving at lightning speed.
(Written by Xandra)

--------------------
user posted image
Jess
i wish for once, we could stay gold
Coal Miner

POSTED ON Jun 24 2018, 09:51 PM
Username: jess
Gallery: — rust stains in the rain
Challenge Entry: I've done a few, but here's one!

PROMOTED TO COAL MINER!

--------------------
user posted image
Tiffany
I'm not shaving my legs for that - An autobiography
Peacekeeper

POSTED ON Jun 25 2018, 10:25 PM
Username: Tiffany
Gallery: here
Challenge Entry: here

PROMOTED TO PEACEKEEPER!

--------------------
user posted image
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die.
::deviantART:: & ::loveiszero::
Jade
A million yesterdays fade into a mere whisper. Can you hear their dulcet farewell? Alone, yet as a collective- we take this slow, apathetic descent into modern hell, Carrying the curse of our gilded generation, Millenials immortalized by social media material left wondering...wandering-
Jeweller

POSTED ON Jun 28 2018, 03:15 PM
Username: .Oleander-
Gallery: Link
Challenge Entry: Link

PROMOTED TO JEWELER!

--------------------
user posted image
amazing set by the super talented mari
bia
Moderator; Peacekeeper

POSTED ON Jun 30 2018, 05:23 PM
Username: biancaw
Gallery: http://graphicsgames.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=2174
Challenge Entry: http://graphicsgames.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=2474

NOT PROMOTED --
You're getting closer. The cleanup put you up almost half a point, but there are still some technical things and versatility to work on before you get into the highest ranks. Your text could be experimented more and experimented less. Sometimes it's too far away from your focus which throws off the focus and flow for the piece, so, even though it may seem typical, just having it closer to the focal model will help strengthen a lot of things at once. As far as experimenting more though, I'd love to see you work in more fonts, especially your smaller ones, as well as more sizes and arrangements because just changing up the fonts so you have some script ones or having your text curve every now and then is something small that will make your gallery as a whole look more versatile. Changing up your fonts to not always just be bold, block fonts will also help pull in more emotion to your pieces. Right now, everything is very aesthetic, which there's nothing wrong with, but having a balance between that and more story-forward pieces will help connect the text to your models more. You've got a good balance of stock to texture pieces. There's also a good mix between hard and soft and dark and light. Try to work in a couple of things with more negative space to add even more variety. Adding some things that are more monotone would be a good boost as well. Having one too many colors in a graphic can make it get busy fast, so either dialing back a color in the pieces or having fewer textures in ones that are brighter will keep that from happening. Just keep on adding more. Your colorizations are phenomenal, and your model placements are always daring. I think you just need to get out of your comfort zone, because versatility throughout your gallery is one of the most important have to reach the highest ranks.
(Written by Xandra)

--------------------
Bianca
Denmark
Loves
The Vampire Diaries, Charmed, The Originals, Shadowhunters, Heroes, Smallville, Arrow, Lost, Nathaniel Buzolic, Joseph Morgan, Claire Holt, Zachary Quinto, Matthew Daddario, David Anders.

Thank you mari for my beautiful signature and Hanie for my amazing code <3
bailey
Coal Miner

POSTED ON Jul 1 2018, 03:36 AM
Username: bailey
Gallery: click:)
Challenge Entry: here

NOT PROMOTED --
The biggest thing to improve upon is your text. Really make sure that the font style matches the theme or mood of the graphic. It does sometimes but not always. Also, keep working on your text placement. It is definitely getting better. Just make sure not to put it too far away from the focus or near the edge of the graphic, especially in your banners. It's so much better in your newer pieces. Actually, everything is improving so much, especially your image quality, so keep it up. You are very, very close to the next level. <3
eliza
run fast for your mother, fast for your father. run for your children, for your sisters and brothers. leave all your loving, your loving behind. you can't carry it with you if you want to survive.
Head Gamemaker; Stylist

POSTED ON Jul 2 2018, 09:26 AM
This is now closed. Already 7/9 are complete, yay! So it shouldn't be too long.

--------------------

eliza

29 / canadian

stylist

gamemaker

eliza
Head Gamemaker; Stylist

POSTED ON Jul 5 2018, 09:09 AM
Results are edited in and awards will be up soon. <3

--------------------

eliza

29 / canadian

stylist

gamemaker

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

skinned by eliza / logo by mari